Sunday, 9 August 2026

Somewhere in a distant dream

 

I dreamt about you last night

as dawning sunlight started

to push aside the moonlight.

I was walking and I tripped upon

a whisper I'd left under a moonbeam,

somewhere in a distant dream,

and you came to hold a hand, to lift me.

And whilst I lay sprawled at your feet,

a feeling clawed me deep. I had

fallen for you, and your beauty.

 

The whisper you see

was a memory of the moment

our eyes first connected

across a sea of faces.

And the whisper was a word

I held deep within.

Destiny.

For I'd met you before in a dream

upon a different shore. And in a time before,

a life before,

a past memory bleeding into reality

through the pores

that fallen stars leave in the night.

 

And the dream wasn't obscene,

it didn't share any lustful scenes,

just a conversation held

beside a moonlit stream.

And you whispered sweet kisses,

saying when you wake, fate will be a witness,

for our words will span worlds and I'll visit

your heart in the daylight upon a sunbeam.

I'll leave a dream upon your screen, a message

of hearts, just a subtle kiss from mine to yours.

 

And I lay my head upon your lap,

and we watched as the stars blinked

a heart in waves of blinding colour.

 

And I turned back to see I was alone,

but it didn't matter, for my heart would

beat together with yours forever and a day.

 

I just have to wait for the message

to ping onto my screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment