Monday, 5 October 2026

Duality

 

Something sleeping

in the walls.

Its soft breathing

and heartbeat falls, it snores,

and mumbles - a gentle rumble

in whispers - swishing words

pour through the pores,

quietly landing

during the lonely hours.

Silken moans

to entice me over.

 

Something awakening

in the brickwork,

the paper peeling thin,

cracks forming, crumbling.

Dust on the floor,

dead skin carpeting the halls.

A fierce buzzing,

vibrating, screaming?

during the lonely hours.

The wall, resonating

with me,

its heartbeat raising,

the moans call louder.

 

Something slamming

a beat into the concrete.

A rhythmic, rumbled creep,

like pounding, marching feet.

The dust heaps up higher,

a crumbled mountain

of debris lays twitching,

shifting at my feet.

 

A raised heartbeat...

 

mine.

 

As the clock

on the wall

chimes...

 

A scream

 

echoes through the walls.

 

Leave. Leave. Leave.

 

The clearing words of a fairytale,

told in the cleaving voice

of a bad dream.

 

A thud.

 

A thud.

 

A third thud -

and all crashes.

The walls fall, and I see

myself staring back.

A smile on my face.

As I wave away the static.

 

And I hear a humming.

A slow wave. As all my pain drifts

like cobwebs in the wind.

 

I blink

 

and

 

nothing

 

as the world fades to black

and I hear a heartbeat fading,

another is beating back

louder with every awakened breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *