Monday, 5 October 2026

Questioning the dark

 

Love left me

questioning the dark,

screaming for answers,

then jumping as the answers

barked an echo in reply,

repeating my pleas

in increasing desperation,

deepening depression,

clawing intimidation.

 

It left me talking in riddles to the

shadows that don't talk back.

Wondering if anything

was real, or if this was all

just a trick of the dusk light.

Shivering as its cold fingers

touched my spine. Icicles

hanging over my heart.

Lying that I was fine.

 

Love left me

wandering darkened places.

My heart fell heavily

to the slaughterhouse floor -

still beating, pulsing, bursting, aching.

Sawdust and copper,

a splash of crimson on my canvas,

as I was flung against the wall,

flogged until my skin started to peel.

 

Then it dropped me.

A forest, no map or compass -

just the dirt under my torn feet,

and a sign saying “Don't pass.”

I staggered. I grasped

as thorny bushes grabbed

me back. I gasped as love

was just a horny demon

choking my last breath, for I couldn't

say the words I needed to lay to rest.

Lodged tight. Don't do that to me.

The words ripped out

of my gaping chest cavity:

To be, or not to be.

I was left questioning

my pencil-thin grip on reality.

 

Love left me

questioning my sanity.

And when it spoke. I heard it.

A whisper. It cursed.

It spoke in reverse.

I heard it. I froze.

In verse it whispered.

And I was lost

in the wilderness,

in the old wind that blows.

 

For this wasn't love,

but a trickster - a demon

portraying a light-giver.

A mimic, a spectre.

A song playing out of key.

And ice started to scrape

through my tar-like insides,

like the sound of that grinding tone,

as I gasped, I moaned to say what I'd tried

so hard to accept: This isn't love.

You are keeping me kept. A pet.

 

Love left me.

When I closed that door tight.

 

And I questioned the darkness.

For darkness always answered me

when I called her at night.

And her answer...

You will find a love

that sets your heart alight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *