Thursday 3 October 2019

Stories


We are all stories, a page torn from a worn book
a storm cloud over a steady brook
words give a glimpse inside, a glancing look
at a heart torn, ripped and shook

I let the waste waters flow over my soul
heart burned as acid rain pours from clouds of charcoal
I let your curses infect my head, my pride, my art
let your words tear my world apart

The pieces you find, they give me peace of mind
spent too long looking inside, to the outside I'm blind
I try to see the beauty outside the cage in which I'm confined
a world that can so often feel unkind, as cold rains remind

I tore a new page, clean and clear, let new words appear
stoked new fires, found people that inspire the seeds to grow into flowers
not weeds or creepers sent to devour
found those that set smiles free
not on the lips where they can lie, smiles that live in the eyes for all to see
And the blink of an eye no longer brings a shed tear
but a raised cheer, at the possibility of a universe to revere


Thanks For Reading, 
Peace & Love.
Happy World Poetry Day!
Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *