Friday, 7 August 2026

Moth to the moon

 

Your name

lives at the top

of my lungs,

framed in gold,

tied in ribbons

to my heartstrings.

I wish to speak,

but every word

would leak truth upon

the breath of the wind,

creating rainbows in vows

of love that go on.

 

And your face must be

tattooed to my eyelids,

for every night

I close my eyes

and dream of your smile.

That pretty mouth

and sweet gaze, those

luscious locks of hair.

Those open waves,

and I'm lifted away,

to drift upon

an ocean

until I wake.

 

And like a moth

to the moon

I want to fly to you,

the gravity pulling my wings,

and the light showing

a way home,

and I'll roam the night

to feel your light coursing

through my blood.

And like a wolf I howl,

only the sound

that sings out

is your name,

of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *