Have you ever felt a butterfly wing
kissing your cheek? Velvet heartbeats.
Have you ever felt the shining light
of a star fleeting across your lips?
Silver rivers reflecting rainbows.
The hand in the moonshine, held around
your waist, the sunlight upon your spine?
What about the rise and fall of a wave as
hearts bound through space? The taste
of revelation, the prophecy of fate.
Have you ever felt the song of a long
distant world, as it curls its silken strands
around your soul?
And the fingers of love that slip
between your own mystified digits,
to create harmony? Unity.
A gentle stroking as they try to unleash
the genie in your heart,
the one that grants love.
Well, I have,
in my most vivid dreams.
In the destinations of love and devotion,
In the waves of memory's melodies.
I’ve embraced a twilight cloudburst
through needful eyes.
I've felt the floating truth of a cosmic sunrise
rippling over mosaic oceans of endless possibilities.
Every hand of every clock
high fiving you to say today is the day.
I've felt the soul of the earth coating my boots.
And the cards that were laid out for me
spelled a name in the stars, a buttercup heart,
and I took that word and set it aflame,
so, the embers would dust over the land
in crystalline rainbow rain.
For every heartbeat has touched
the softest satin sky. Every wait
as I gazed up to see a shooting star,
and the time was well spent,
exclaiming her beauty.
But I've also felt the heavy weight
of a heart crushed to the core,
I've felt the clay of hate, cling tightly,
dragging my soul to the floor.
The swerve of the wind avoiding
letting you in to her sweet embrace.
I've felt rivers chase
fallen stars upon my face.
I've tasted the lips of demons,
believing angels were singing.
I've felt the brick wall of love leaving.
I've felt the sting of a million needles
pushed into a doll of me. And I've felt the abyss,
the void of emptiness that collapses around me,
popping hope out of existence in a puff of smoke
and a discordant, plinking piano key,
sucking me deep into nothing space,
where all I can do is amble aimlessly.
But I never let myself become bitter,
sourness won't ever poison my river.
For I felt a butterfly wing kissing my cheek,
and the song the angels sing, sung by angels
once those demons were gone.
And I heard the next note that the piano played,
and it held on so beautifully
as the walls crumbled around me.
And I saw the light shining so strong, so tunefully,
and I will hold that light high, to become a beacon
for us to dance along to
as the warming rainbow rain falls.
A watercolour of happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment