Friday, 7 August 2026

Reclaiming starlight

 

I sit and I count the stars,

one for every dream I let drift,

one for every hope I missed,

one for every blown kiss

I let float from my grip.

 

A constellation formed

of moments I wish I could re-live.

 

And I watch out over the silence of night.

Heart lodged tight in my mouth.

Try as I might to swallow it,

down, a bitter pill sits,

a lump in my throat, a stone,

a memento of love that couldn’t

ever grow.

 

Why do fairytales have

so many stings in their tails?

 

Where do lonely boats go

when there is no water to sail?

 

if I give my heart, what if it is too frail?

 

I watch reality strip away.

 

A crumbling sky leaves no hope in sight.

 

What if it all starts to fail?

Do I still have enough inside?

 

I let the questions fall to my feet.

For no answers wait on that lonely pathway,

and the needle of time skips a beat,

a song playing on repeat, as reality sews itself

into a beautiful tapestry.

 

And I watch out over the spellbound night.

Her magic dusts a new pathway in sprinkles.

So instead, I search for the heartbeat

inside, and I dance to the rhythm of time,

over the dancefloor she has laid out for me.

 

And I let my arms reach up high,

for I see in my mind’s eye, an answer.

Love is everywhere,

love is the song in the air,

love speaks delicate whispers,

love catches you when you fall.

 

And I grab and I pluck back every tear,

I take back every moment of fear,

every swollen river of hurt,

every painful memory.

 

And now I reclaim the stars.

One for every dream I let drift,

one for every hope I let fall from my grip,

and I fold them into origami swans,

let them float 

across the lakes of my heart.

A waterway of art

where boats are free to sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *