Saturday, 1 August 2026

Musicality of a moonlit reality

 

Under a full moon sky, I sigh,

the sigh of a happy heart, the sigh

of a contented poet. The love

in the eyes of the ancient satellite

gazes down upon me, and I feel

something bubbling inside - an energy

I thought I'd long denied; hope, love,

and the smile in my eyes. I feel free,

not concerned with judgemental glares.

I just live for every moment of beauty.

For there is musicality to this moonlit reality.

 

For I have found a peace

that for so long eluded me.

I am happier than when the story began,

and I still have whole chapters

to turn and explore. I never had a plan,

or any goal, but in not planning,

I found my role - my world that revolves

around the whole of us. This community

of humanity. This union of stars.

 

And in the air,

a sound soars like a bird of prey

seeking my ears to make a nest.

The whistle of the wind through the trees,

the windchime melody of a smile set free.

 

And under a buck moon skylight,

I dance. The dance of the night.

I feel alive. The first time in half a life.

Like someone has pressed play on a song

that I heard many moons ago,

one that had faded from my mind.

Now it spins again, a vinyl no longer

skipping the grooves. And I can't help

but to move to the delicious tune

that plays in vibrant, vivid day-glo.

 

And I let myself feel

the music of the universe

surging through my sore limbs,

urging them to start dancing,

and I can't stop. I want to feel

every blade of grass,

every dewdrop. Every buttercup love,

every daisy chain heart.

I want to feel truth,

and I want to share it all with you.

 

And I feel the sway of my hips,

the way the smile of the moon

falls from her face,

slips sensuously across my lips

like a first kiss, and I embrace the melody.

I feel the heartbeat that had flatlined in me,

now pounding a rhythm that can be

heard across aeons, across countless

galaxies.

 

For I feel alive, spinning around,

letting my limbs flail and fly.

The way music can survive

long after the record

has stopped revolving,

I am no longer consoling

the hurt parts of me.

For the song keeps on turning

in my awakened ears, in my excited head,

in the atoms that form the whole.

I feel in bloom, a freshness in my step,

a dance I had so long ago

forgotten to forget.

And I know that I'll never let the

darkness take hold anymore,

As this life is for the living

and I'm here for the after-party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *