Tuesday 17 September 2024

The pull

 


I feel most at home

in that nighttime quiet zone,

where the stars are given centre stage,

and the moon finds herself

written upon my page.

It's during these hours

I control the sounds.

I can decide how loud

my minds chorus shouts.

I can dim it down,

until it's barely raising its voice,

or I can amplify the noise

to a crushing roar. It's all my choice.

 

During daylight dazzle and glare

I become too aware of the other...

The creeping drone of humanity

starting to smother. I find myself alone…

But surrounded.

Claustrophobically enclosed within

the vast open world I'm walking in.

The dial on the volume control

is always tuned to eleven,

There are no quite moments, no safety zone.

Just piercing tones scratching through my bones.

How can I find answers, or take notes,

when I can't hear the questions or diagnose

the quotes those questions provoke?

 

Daytime trickles inside.

Insidiously…

It pours through the atmosphere

in liquidity,

until you feel your lungs burst full...

Gasping for air. Oxygen depleted.

your mind wants to hide, pull the blinds

fear, it senses danger near.

But the noise…

the ever-constant noise won't lull.

 

You start to feel the pull...

 

The pull...

 

It's calling out...

Mind shattered like a broken mirror,

scattered pieces litter

the confines of your head.

Your senses answer in screams,

sounds like the chorus of the dead.

As you are left, fingers red

from blood youve shed,

trying to pick up the other shavings

that have already fallen off,

Until they are just a pile of wasted sawdust

that once made sense in your head.

But you still feel the pull

angry at its unanswered call...

 

I feel most at home when light gets dimmed.

The blinding beams bring

a sound of their own.

It aches and it grinds,

playing tricks on the mind.

It's like the hum of old,

but that only came out at night,

or so the fables told. Has it evolved?

Found a new way to get inside?

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *