I fly on the winds of
a dream that won't come true.
It flew too close to the sun.
Heat evaporated the glue
holding its wings together,
severing hope from that
which was true.
But still, I glide those winds.
Because of truth,
The truth I hold within,
that love will grow,
and I will always keep
a piece of this sky sewn
into the linings of a dream.
A piece of you stays within
the peace of me, a lilting dream
adorning a journal melody,
swept into the poetic majesty
of a fantasy-wrapped sunset soliloquy.
And I watch the clouds beautifully
crowd the blue feelings in my mind.
And I'm bounding over hillsides
to feel air beneath my feet.
For when we are pulled down,
only damp soil is there to greet,
and I don't want to dirty these
thoughts of you, or this piece
of sky that I view.
I rise and fall
on the waves of the air,
cascading against
invisible shorelines
of day and night.
I won't stop my flight.
The fight it took to gain my wings
took everything.
All I am left with is love
keeping my heart stitched within,
I feel lighter than a sunbeam.
And I will cast myself into that
piece of sky. To shine brightly on you,
so that you too can take flight.
No comments:
Post a Comment