A church flies by,
caressing
the heavens, piercing the veil
of now and evermore.
Thunderstuck, the tower weeps,
and in the eyes of the girl sat
tapping away at her screen,
sadness seeps into
a silent wish,
as the countryside
flourishes past
in a restless sleep, brought on
by counting the passing sheep.
Is she writing a memoir,
a novel, or working on the train?
Her fingers drum again, like the
rain pelting the carriage
to wake the slumbering dreams.
All I know is she is, like me,
away in a dream,
of green swirls
blurring into
the blue comfort
of a blanket unfurled.
Fading memories,
and stories blooming into view.
But whilst I'm sat here
watching the world
blending the view,
my dreams are bright
for I'm dreaming
of me and
you.
Sat in our own light,
in our own storyline.
And I think of us, wondering
if reality will grant a wish,
or if the distant rumbles
of thunder are going to crash.
Will we one day sit,
happiness in our eyes,
writing our own memoirs
of dreams we will one day
live, or will we sit
like the girl on the train
passing through as our time
takes other tracks?
No comments:
Post a Comment