Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Unbound book covers

 

I have a world on my mind

and love on the lips,

and I just need some quiet

to unwind, some kindness,

to slip inside, a book cover,

unbound, to find the peace

and love I hold inside.

 

For I'm blinded by the light

of so many stars. But I bask in

colour.

I just want to shine happiness

on those that whisper to me.

 

And all the thoughts that rush

through my overgrowing forest,

those lush romantic syllables

ambling hand in hand through

the brush, a crush would be easy

to squash, but love only falls

from the stars that shine so light.

 

And I wonder aloud.

Is wandering allowed?

Are these private woodlands

that I've clamboured into?

Am I trespassing through dreams

I shouldn't be able to view, memories

that belong to the universe, not me?

 

And I see the code of the universe,

zeros and ones, heroes been and gone,

stories that are ticking along

in a gentle rhythm of time,

a clock hand spinning next to mine,

some stories that are almost done,

and others that haven't yet begun.

And in this static, I briefly see a face,

a name on sparkling sublimity.

A smile. A flame. Infinity. A whisper

of a dream, or a witness

to the strings that tie us.

 

And I hear right here

a song calling my name.

 

Is it real?

 

Am I voyeur to destiny?

And if so,

is it her song I hear

singing gently

healing refrains

in a rainbow

on the wind?

 

Is it real?

 

I place my foot and feel

the leaves beneath my toes.

The dew tickles, and soothes.

And I know that I'm not dreaming,

and my eyes are wide open,

like my arms never closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *