Wednesday, 2 September 2026

You are my home

 

And those lush

green fields

hold so much beauty.

Where a rose grows free,

wild and pretty, 

and I'll hold its petals

forever with me, hand in hand,

held close to my heart

until time ceases to be.

 

But I miss you more.

 

You are the sand

to my shore,

the key to unlock

so many locked thoughts,

the love that has

filled my heart

since I first swooned

upon your floor and

looked into those

glorious fields of your mind,

the flowing irises

showing where the forever skies

meet the eternal highs of a love

that can only ever rise.

 

My heart belongs

to these streets,

and my feet

will always dance

with more fluidity

when you are near to me,

when away

time ticks

 

slowly.

 

And I watch

the fading sunlight

casting shadows

across the emboldened rain.

Dancing little pirouettes

to wave me on my journey.

 

And I wave back,

a smile laying on my lips,

ready to rise when I see familiar skies

 

But already

my mind is flat out.

Running,

as the rain pelts my face.

The towering buildings,

sweeping past, as puddles

splash at my feet.

And the rain-soaked concrete

feels comforting,

the granite slabs of paving,

the awning sky looming

in thunderstruck passion.

 

For my clouds only desire

Your skies, and

I wish to spend my days

walking with you here,

Lost in your hypnotising eyes

for you are the magic

that casts spells in my soul,

and I am the words they spell.

I love you with every web

of life we weave.

I'll weather any storms if it

means I'll stay with you here

for a lifetime at least.

For home is the seat

which holds me tight,

keeps me grounded

where the heart resides.

Like an ocean to a tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *