Wednesday, 2 September 2026

She plays the cards

 

She plays the cards,

and lays them down to me,

a game of chance,

of fate, of destiny,

of walking through gates

or standing outside facing in,

to breathe. A future wish

cast into my hands.

 

I roll the dice - dare to advance?

For life sits only feet

from where the day greets eternity,

and I would lay my soul at her feet

for the chance

to play my heart to her beat,

and see the future through

those eyes that shine so gloriously.

I hear a key jangling, an echoing

ringing across the stars.

 

Let me in.

 

I've walked among you for so long,

that my once comatose heart

has started to bloom.

 

And I hear the bells

of the church in the distance,

and for a second of memory,

I'm taken back to childhood...

A walk beside a cemetery,

through leafy village streets.

And the chime

comes heavy and deep,

and the face in my mind's eye,

green grotesque, a fairytale creature,

and I want to flee, fear in my lungs,

desperate to

 

scream,

a memory of a bad dream.

But an arm hugs me. Holds me warm.

Tells me it's going to be okay.

 

And I feel.

I feel.

 

Alive.

 

Something surges

inside of me. A tide of

 

Hope.

 

And I fall to my knees,

smile beaming.

 

Please.

 

Let me in.

Let me in...

I wish to be human.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *