Tuesday 13 December 2022

Dare to dream?

 


Fiendish fierce creatures

with fantastically fearful features.

Mystic beasts with demonic eyes,

misshapen mythical beings that paralyse.

Deformed monstrosities materialise

to cause pulsating palpitations,

to take your dreams

and cause you to live in trepidation.

Proceed with caution,

as they so often succeed...

 

I haven't slept properly in weeks,

it only comes in drips and drabs.

Sleep has eluded me,

every time these eyes are closed

a needle of fear stabs

and I wake from my doze.

The last time I took a dream world trip,

dreamland was not the place

I remembered, the facade had slipped.

 

Hopes and life paraded with a gleeful smile

but the smile bore teeth like pointed knives.

Twisted, distorted visions that haunt,

even when the visions were nice, it taunts.

It cuddles like a wonderous paradise

but just out of the corner of my eyes

I could spy a creeping shadow

of the menacing kind.

 

A peaceful dream,

reconstructed in the blink of an eye,

the walls bleed and every voice lies.

Every noise is a threat,

you know that you are their target.

Every warped corner and every distorted street,

each woodland hideaway,

now a creepy cabin where danger lay.

Echoes betray their stomping feet

like a deranged heart and its wicked beat.

 

And in these dreams, they always give chase

to bring an end to rests peaceful embrace.

They always catch you in the end,

always leap out when least expected,

to make you feel undone again.

They got me.

I was locked away deep

in their monstrous palace of anxiety

and now I am stuck within these walls

never able to flee.

 

Nightmares are not a separate world

In dreamland they are mixed

like an ice cream with a raspberry swirl.

The visions shift so quick.

Morphing between light and dark,

at the speed of a finger click.

So don't enter unprepared.

Be ready to be scared,

be aware

that even in the best dream,

they could ensnare

and drag you to their lair.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *