Sunday 4 December 2022

Heart on my sleeve

 


Heart on my sleeve,

was stuck deep in my throat,

making me choke.

Words wouldn't pass,

they just made me gasp,

grasping for air.

made me feel lightheaded and weak.

Now it's on my sleeve.

Leaving me free to speak.

 

I etch my words onto that heart,

every emotion taken

and burned

into every beating part.

The hurt.

that tears a hole in the centre,

I fasten back together

with the happiness

I find in the moments I remember.

 

Sticking plasters and adhesive tape,

bandages hold it all in shape.

Frayed strands of string,

sewn deep so they ends don't tether

to keep the pieces held firmly together.

Afraid it may fail to start.

if it tries to beat too strongly

this stitched up heart.

 

For far too long.

I lost my way.

So now I hang a compass

from my heart,

always points my direction home

when I'm lost, alone

or my world is falling apart.

 

I take words

like strength, resolve.

and I force them back in.

Turning them around my mouth.

Until I can feel every brittle edge.

Until each letter shard

is mixed with my blood.

They become my food.

My saviour in this world of hunger.

 

I take feelings of hurt and put them

where they belong.

In a prison of my own creation,

Incarcerated with the hate and anger

that grows like a cancer.

I visit them sometimes,

to give introspection.

and I will continue

until they have withered

into shadows of their former selves

and faded from view. 


 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *