Monday 5 December 2022

Knocking

 


I want to knock

on the door

to your heart.

Awaken it from its slumber,

but I wonder.

do I have the right house number?

If I knock loudly

would the fear that I'm feeling

confound the sounds with those

of my own heart pounding?

 

I want to rap a secret message,

tapping out a beat that when heard

would make you know

that my heart isn't blurred,

just a little scared.

But if the feeling isn't shared

then will blushes be spared?

 

I stand in the cold,

harsh wind blowing through.

Should I ask?

Should I open my heart to you?

And would yours open for me?

I stand aimlessly.

Just feeling the cold embrace

of fear teasing and taunting.

 

If I knock in morse code,

without speaking aloud,

would the words still have impact?

I doubt myself.

If you saw the fear in my eyes,

the hurt of past lives

the battles I fight.

Would you open the door

and extend an invite?

I put my hands 

back into my pockets

and walk away.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *