Tuesday 27 December 2022

Phantom Words

 


There are ghosts in the words,

haunting moans sit

anticipating their release,

like delicate wisps of smoke

tingling on cold lips.

I feel them pulling away from my grip.

Slip into the air and float there,

aimless and free,

phantoms roaming between you and me.

 

There are ghosts in the verses,

dead to us, apparitions of hope.

See through nooses,

transparent old rope.

To remind of places

where our memories elope.

I could follow where

those sombre words flow,

but all I'd find is a dried riverbed

where roses no longer grow.

 

There are ghosts in the things we say,

spirits speak in echoes of yesterday.

Spectres of truth float lifelessly

on the still lying sea.

Where honesty is drowned

under the surface in agony.

 

There are ghosts in the words,

devilish melody of

maladies and bad chemistry.

Poison-tinged remarks

and snarky acid sprayed barks.

Spoken in spluttered bursts.

The words seem cursed.

Could whisper through the fear

But that could bring so much pain,

so instead, I pull the words back

and store them, locked up,

in my fearful brain.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *