Tuesday 6 December 2022

Listen

 


Listen to the car crash symphony,

a heart-breaking melody of melancholy

inside my head.

No sympathy.

Just cataclysmic crashing cymbals and dread.

When you can’t see a way forward just

satanic symbols leading you astray,

Betrayal and pain follow

in every whispered word they say.

The pathway behind swallowed up.

There is no silver lining

to life's brittle China cup.

 

Listen to the sound

of a world crashing all around

like waves of destruction,

towers being pulled down,

replaced by statues

everything you despised.

Statues of lies.

Built up in front of your eyes.

High Rise, they pierce the sky

until tears of blood are cried.

 

Listen to my own internal monologue

Like a travelog,

taking me to distant torture spots.

A life-sized cardboard cut-out image,

just there to look like I'm there,

when I'm in another location

and they are painfully pulling out my nasal hair.

One by one. With tweezers.

Demons with angelic features.

 

Listen to the silence

as my mind finally collapses.

Just the sound of static

buzzing quietly through

burnt out synapses.

As I fall into a dark pit.

To recharge for a bit.

Before recommencing the climb.

The climb to find my place in life.

To push aside this noise and strife.

To feel I have a place to belong.

It will take some time.

Who knows how long?

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *