Thursday 1 December 2022

Reminiscing; Song on the radio

 


On the radio, a memory.

Through worn speakers 

a jolt of energy,

a bolt of lightning 

out of the blue.

Suddenly, I'm taken back 

to a vision of you.

Before the world changed,

before the towers fell,

Another world, a lifetime away

Our own private universe

somewhere old memories play.

 

On the radio, a recollection.

A spark, the connection,

strains of Crowded House

seep into my head

and it's like I'm flying through space.

Track eight, stuck firmly in place.

Private universe from together alone.

And we are back in your car,

barely out of the 90's day-glo.

 

On the radio the song continues.

You sing along like no-one is listening.

Smiling wide, lip-gloss glistening.

A moment of happiness

as we watch the countryside pass.

Endless summer kisses our lips,

before day slips

fading into grey.

The moon the only light.

river flowing besides,

we sit talking for hours,

under twinkling starlight.

Our own private universe

nothing to hide.

 

On the radio

the song reaches its crescendo.

I see all of those years ago.

Front and centre I see you.

I see through the wispy air

letting the memories reside there

I remember the good times and the bad.

Too young we never knew

what we could have had.

And then I'm brought back to today.

The song finished,

my own private universe

where my memories lay.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *