Prised wide eyes dart around.
Prismatic lights, discordant sounds,
grinding tones, dental drills,
and chaotic moans.
Strapped in place,
mind blown. Fragments
sewn into seasick soul,
laid out on cold stone.
Clinical waste, metallic taste,
highs and lows
rush through veins
as time slows
down
to a
tick.
Then a tock.
And I focus. Closing the blinds.
I am prone.
As you probe.
Prod, and dissect.
A lab rat, a caged animal,
tagged and inspected.
A product of an uncaring world,
where the different soon get
neglected.
You cut away, slicing deep,
every part of me shown
in microscopic fidelity.
Every part that shouldn't be,
tossed in a bag to be incinerated.
Burnt offerings to some unknown deity.
Slivers sit in petri dish towers, shivers
sit quaking in my spine for hours,
as the tweezers tug at every nerve.
Searing pain in my soul as each strand
is stretched to beyond breaking.
And I'm shaking inside, but my
heart still beats loud. For you can
pick apart the surface, but you can't
keep the love down.
And I feel the restraints tear from my skin,
pulled hairs stinging,
but my soul is singing,
and I stand proud. As the
ticks get faster...
Tick. Tick. Tick.
And I reach up shouting,
what more do you expect of me?
I am but a human with
a few flaws and defects,
but with love that can flood the decks.
No comments:
Post a Comment