Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Wall of eyes

 

The wall of faces, eyes trying

to stare through me.

Invisible for so many years,

now I wish to be.

Stitches sewing my skin tight.

Scar tissue of last night.

 

Blurry. Everything blurry.

Stale lager

lingers on my breath.

Death sits in my grip,

death of the ego.

I let my walls slip.

The tears fall.

I'm lost. I call, but

my voice still sits

silent to all

but the moon.

 

And still the wall

eyes me up.

Could the ground swallow me,

or could my tears

wash me away

to an island

somewhere far at sea?

And the pain in my arm awakens me,

the welt of blood that sprayed,

now sutured closed, like my lips.

 

The room comes

into view,

and still the wall

sits glaring.

I hear a sound blaring.

 

The TV sat behind me.

 

I scramble to a seat,

and say hi.

 

Sanctuary, sectioned

for my own safety...

 

A cry for help answered,

and I found the will

to stand again.

I picked up books

to read, to feel, to understand.

 

And I learnt I wasn't broken,

just bruised, and the scares

are only scars of a past

that now sits distant.

And I stare,

and the stars glisten back

in hope and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *