Sunday, 13 September 2026

Lay a rose

 

And I repent for my sins,

as I repaint my skin in brighter tones,

and I find in my mind a new home.

For I walk now

with angels and demons,

a wicked grin and a love inside.

And the saints can march

wherever they please,

for in this, my home,

the path you take is

yours to choose,

and I'll cheer you on

in whatever you do.

 

And I lay a rose on

the grave of my woes,

for where those past fears lie,

a new bloom always grows. I'll weep,

and I'll whisper a sweet heartfelt goodbye,

for to walk with you as a companion

was a life I'd never replace with one

forged in less fire.

 

And all the Valentines returned to sender,

I'll retain the melody of your heartbeat.

For this tender soul

knows love is not always

a smooth waterway, but a sea

that has stormy seasons

and waves always crashing.

 

And I repent for the times I took the wrong

turns on this winding maze of roads,

but each one was a lesson learned,

a story earnt. And a moment

I'll recount when time runs down.

And if I build up enough of those,

then my final moments will be

a masterpiece of cinematic majesty.

And when the curtain falls,

and when time calls for me

to cross the great divide,

I'll take my strides with pride,

because you sowed in me

seeds that I can't hide,

and I sprinkled mine

so far and so wide.

 

And I repent for any sins

I may have let wander in

when I opened my heart to

welcome the rain, but even the pain

was a part of my story to behold.

And if I make any impact at all,

let it be this...

Take the hand of those closest

and kiss - for love is the sweetest

of our stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *