Saturday, 25 July 2026

A starlit dream in scarlet highlights

 

A dream, asleep

under chandelier skies.

I slip through the ether

beside lakes coated in moonlight sequins.

Duvet nights and blanket satellites.

If I could pluck some

lucky heather I’d wish upon

the stars that shine.

I’d ask for you

to come and lay down

the roots of time

and entwine in this dream of mine.

 

I dream as free as a whisper,

a promise kept, a secret

wept under that tree before I slept.

A tear for every scar, a whimper for

what I lost when I stopped looking for more.

 

A cry that it was always you I looked towards.

It was always you that made my rivers flow forward.

 

And if I could pull a four-leaf clover

from the ground beside me,

I’d wish to the heavens,

for you to lay out a memory,

so that we could listen to the waves

lapping their melody upon the shore

of the lakeside scenery.

 

And I see through closed eyes

a starlit night, as the starlet

dances in scarlet highlights,

and I open to see, a shooting star,

and I wish...

Once more for you to be

here to hold me warm,

to be here where we belong.

Two souls that should

always have been one.

My love in whispered tears,

I sing my song for you.

 

Will you hear the words

when the melody is gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *