Monday, 20 July 2026

Teardrop sunsets

 

I left my heart

alone on a

train carriage,

destined for nowhere.

A place where hope can't

get hold and pull it apart.

A long way from home

 

A teardrop sunset falls

heavy upon the seat beside me.

 

I waved

as the train disappeared

into the distant haze,

I was unfazed.

What use is a heart,

when love

only leads to pain anyway?

When the tracks

all converge

into one lost town

where desolate tears

are spent, like copper pennies

poured into stagnant fountains.

 

I left my heart

in a runaway fantasy.

I'd let it depart

and I'd find a new one

dawning inside of me,

like the newborn sun forming above.

This was what hope had taught me.

That tomorrow, a brighter day

could greet and hold onto me.

Fresh and clean.

Unbruised by life,

untarnished by loves

gone by.

But time cycles on.

 

And loneliness

sits upon a bench

surrounded by concrete.

An island of solitude

in a lament spoken

to the breeze. A teardrop

sunset once again greeting me

in shadow symmetry.

 

But now the sky

pours a road in the

solid sunlight.

A passage

through the long grass,

and I can walk at last.

 

And the past

no longer stains

the future.

No longer a commuter

searching for another

lost passenger,

but the driver

of my destiny,

not tied to tracks.

The destination open

and I ride with

the wind in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *