Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Unconditionally yours

 

Have I said too much?

I let it slip

in a whispered kiss,

a word that could

easily have been missed

if I had just let it

sit,

but I held on

too tightly

that it squeezed

out of my grip and

I blurted it loudly.

and your ears

must have felt it hit.

 

And now I quiver inside,

those butterflies

won’t settle down, I wait

for the ground to open…

But nothing. Not a gaping chasm,

nor a yawning hole to fall in.

 

So, I stand transfixed.

If I grow roots, then I may

become a tree, or a flower

wilting away. Why did I say

that word, the one I let

fall from my lips?

If I’d kept my heart

out of my throat,

it would have never dripped

onto the paving stones

beneath your feet.

 

And I wait, as time ticks by

so slowly,

a trickling river running dry,

like my mouth from fear,

for I said too much,

I should have 

kept those words clear,

I should have stayed away,

but I said the words

I always wanted you to hear.

And wait. Why am I worrying?

It doesn’t matter either way,

I love you, it’s simply true,

so, I’ll let those words stay

and I’ll carry the weight,

because I don’t need

answers

to questions

that don’t require response

for my love is unconditionally yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *