Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Beauty

 

If you could hear

the whispers in my head

you wouldn’t try to put me down,

for your words couldn’t ever be 

heard above their sound of

my own silent screams shouting,

louder than any words

you can dream to throw about.

 

And here's the thing,

I won't bow,

not even to

my own screaming.

 

I walk on and I stand proud,

because no matter how loud,

my own promises

only ever sing louder.

The ones I made when

at death’s door,

to always care for me,

to never cower,

and to share love

with those that

I believe are true.

 

I believe in beauty,

not the kind

that sits pretty for the eye,

but the kind that lives inside.

The sort that grows

like a flower blooming bright.

The sort that holds tight

through the storm

and still smiles

at every thunderstrike,

for the awesome sight

is dazzling their eyes.

 

And even on my darkest nights,

when I could cry

at the way the world hurts,

I still sing loud,

because there is

always beauty around.

And I want her to hear my voice

saying I see you, and I’m proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *