Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Venus' Daughter

 

A fleeting dream soars in from the east

and I’m caught in its web-like dreamcatcher

threads, an ant in the cosmic wonderland,

strands wrapped around my heart strings.

And I wish for henna painted hands,

strumming a sitar as it blends into a viola,

a German opera, a restaurant band, becoming

an orchestra, whilst Celtic harps echo the sound

of my love, through mystic harmonious drones,

Spanish guitar overtones and luxurious

momentous tunes. A musical interlude of hope.

For music is the route to my soul

 

And if she sails across oceans to my frail silent bones,

I’ll let my heart be a home and my soul become a star.

 

So far away, and yet always near me.

Her heart sings soulfully like a songbird

before she takes to wing and flies on the wind.

Setting sight for a mystical union. A majestic composition.

 

Singing, 'guide me home, where I can sit,

wishing a drip feed of lips speaking in

little sips of love.'

 

And I'll slip into a daydream, heart aflutter,

as the blinds close and the light stutters

like a waterfall across my chest.

 

And her soul reflects diamond light,

and I feel myself wishing to caress

the treasure inside. To share the pleasure

of a spacewalk. As on this starry stage we rise.

 

To make first contact, like two alien souls

laying eyes on ultraviolet skies.

 

And she will sing in words alien to me,

a song of Venus’ daughter, to mars' son,

alone on a red stone, the ruby rock and the pink rose.

 

And as I crush so hard, my surface becomes crystal,

reflecting the rose's beauty to the stars

and the words become clearer.

As two worlds orbit nearer

 

And I can’t hide my feelings,

they dance in the vast orchestral

songs that the stars hum to lead us home.

So, I let them form, and I watch them shine.

And if they are not to be, I won’t dull this light.

For it guides the way I see.

I’ve renewed my love of me,

and with it, my love of everything

 

And I hum along with a song I heard in a daydream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *