Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Vampire thoughts

 

These vampire thoughts

have their fangs out,

and I’m rooted to the spot,

a frozen statue of hurt,

blinded by the headlights,

and the silent lullabies of lonely sighs.

For my heart can’t be crossed

with yours, and yet my neck

is so ripe. My blood sweet and warm.

 

I’d love you to sink your teeth in deep.

 

And my vampire thoughts

are not mirrored.

They can’t be seen

in the glimmer of sunshine.

The reflection I cast of me

invisible

to eyes I wish to see.

They flow like red wine,

dripping over my worn ground.

But to let them fly would

leave me hunted down,

for the love I wish for

is loved by another.

 

My vampire thoughts

stick in my neck,

pinpricks, bitten

regret, burrowed into skin.

If I’d only let on

how much you meant,

then would I still be here

deep in furrowed lament, smitten,

hiding from sunlight.

A monster by lonely moonlight.

Haunted by memories, unwritten

A solitary melody,

in an orchestral sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *