Decay stifles creativity
as I walk these litter-strewn
alleyways, through the smoky haze
of pollution-stained skies.
These dirty streets warp around me.
I want to feel green beneath my feet,
or the seas rolling over toes,
I want to be
anywhere where beauty grows free.
Could we turn off the factories please?
I need some release from the grime and grease,
The sounds that disturb the peace,
I need to be around beauty,
in nature's forest scenes, her
mountain peaks. I need to bask
in the waters she leaves, for my
love walks on these shores when
the tide is low, and when it is high she floats.
But decay stifles creative seas.
The polluted waters rush ever onwards
covering the beach in debris,
But I don’t need to sit on this dirty sand,
I don’t need the oil to stain my hands.
For I am free to sit in beauty's seat.
And I walk headfirst into the waves
and the wayward storms collide, in bright
rainbow signs. Washing away the dregs
of humanity's greed.
And I walk onto a new shore, uncertainty in eyes,
but in my heart, I’m sure, that this land is where my
pathway leads and the storms bend for me.
and the blending oceans reflect peaceful skies,
as the sun rises in blessing once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment