Take me home,
I feel so alone,
the fear swallows every scream
as it leaves my lips,
falling,
birthed into
the alien landscape
of hot tarmac and cold concrete,
a stone
against soft skin and hard bone.
Sensory overload,
this rock called Earth. This new home?
And I crave the skies.
To be the light
I remember in distant dreams,
I want to soar, as my roars
lift me high...
higher... higher...
a rising vocal line,
through a clear night.
A sigh turned into song,
a story of becoming...
Human...
Don't let these dreams fade from me.
Don't let them die with me.
Don't let them nourish only the worms,
when they can seed the earth in stories.
Take me home, I still plead,
for my creed sits where
the seas are crystalline,
purple shimmering under neon pink skies,
and the city skylines are carved from the
mountainous storylines of our kind.
But to claim anything other than life
in this new hope, is to push away
any chance of happiness,
and without happy how can you cope?
Don't let these thoughts live only within me.
Let them comfort and hold others near.
Let them sing words so clear.
Beauty lives, if we look at it with open eyes.
I am just a visitor, as are you all.
And I won't claim that my mind doesn't sometimes
climb the umbilical cords to its mother's womb,
the alien world from whence it came.
Escaping into a fragmental rain of past and present.
We take the fall for others' diseased minds.
Instead let's find and feel
the kindness in the heart
and enshrine it with the
candles of shared history,
twin helix ladders to another sky,
where the seas sit crystalline.
No comments:
Post a Comment