The beginning of goodbye
idling hours,
wave beside rambling
riverside sunlight.
Burnt orange coating
the blackberries
in gold leaf dreams,
and the brambles
fading into
amber-tinged
memories.
And I look to you,
and you look back,
idling smiles, with just the
beginning of goodbye
dawning across our lips.
arms grip onto
reality as it spins.
Helicopter seeds,
sowing stories
into tomorrow.
And I hold back a word
that I softly wish to speak,
"Stay,"
I let it fall into my bubbling
stomach acid,
for the daylight is fading,
and tomorrow can bring
shared horizons, and blurted
hearts only
blunt lover's sighs,
when sunlight
comes and goes,
in cycles of eternal warmth.
For in this moment
we hold on tightly to a dream
and pull it close, and breathe it in.
we take each other's hands,
looking deeply within,
into eyes we dive, like the swan
into those waters below,
For this is only the beginning
of goodbye
for one night,
and hello to the rest of our lives,
tomorrow,
when the song of dawn calls
and leaves her soft kiss
on your cheek where hearts begin
to soften into the comfort of
an autumn breeze.
For our stories don't need to be
rushed.
Just take our days as they come,
and the future will be bright.
For the beginning of goodbye
will welcome tomorrow's "Hi",
like the morning sun.
For love breathes as deeply
as an open river into the sea.
No comments:
Post a Comment