Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Butterfly

Isolation sits

in solitary confinement.

A mind to wander, a flutter,

as a blue butterfly

sits on the door over

the hall.

A well starts to bubble

in the throat.

The pathway blocked for now

by the stone of grief choking it back,

and the pain inside,

where the liver partly died.

 

A brief aside as the nurse

paces around, smiles,

as loudly she enquires,

“Would you like a cup of tea,

some sympathy?”

A cuddle holds me

when the tears finally breach

the stone walls,

for so long unrained upon.

 

Then it's back to the view... a ward.

Empty bed to the side,

he passed away in the night.

 

My eyes plastered upon

ceilings of enlightenment.

 

And I sing along to a song

I heard once upon a daydream,

and the words

bounce across my eyes, lyrics

painting the ceiling,

a Sistine Chapel-like view.

 

Imagination, and the cocktail

pumping through my blood,

or a true image,

of an unseen world

that we only see when

our minds open the blinds?

 

I can get through this,

I've got through

all other dark nights..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *