Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Love's harbour

 

And we pass our

days in

bedroom

escapades, pretending

that nothing

is wrong, performing

normalcy, as if

the days aren't

growing

ever shorter.

And I can't

fake intimacy, when

the sun sinks down on

love's harbour.

 

And it begins a game

of blame,

where I can't win,

for my brain

can't contain the

worlds it holds within.

And you can't see

the cracks

where the light

pours in.

 

And I believed

when you said,

you'd hold

me if I fell,

but now I'm down

and the hope is gone,

and your arms are

bared not there

to hold or care.

 

 

 

And the sun

sinks deeper.

Love's harbour burns

to the ground,

a pier-side blaze.

And the days

become endless nights

of pain.

 

And I still whisper

my tears, in amber shades,

but I see that my eyes

have cleared.

The words all that sit,

now I see the truth

at the burnt seat

where flirting

became more than a

game.

 

And love's harbour

smoulders in

ember flames.

The sun will rise again

once the rain has

cleared away

the stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *