Thursday, 20 August 2026

Smile like you mean it

 

And I'd

smile like

I mean it,

miles wide,

like the wings

of a mythical eagle

or some symbolic phoenix.

 

But behind my eyes

I was a boat capsized,

trying to tie together

the words spoken.

For I couldn't comprehend,

or understand

the subtle cues,

or the tics

to the voice you used.

I spent years confused

by the whispering trees

in the corridors of learning.

 

And my seat was burning

as I was itching to see meaning

in my yearning.

To understand the waves,

or how the world

kept turning,

 

when everyone looks down on it

and treads all over its surface.

 

I poured myself into books

I was too young

to understand, too unwired

to fully tie the lines

to the images that

flashed in my mind.

But I saw worlds

not unlike mine.

And I walked with

demons and ghouls,

I held love in the

whistling hills, and

I wandered the

word-lined fields,

to serve myself a meal

that would fill my soul...

 

And for a brief escape I felt.

 

Whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *