Wednesday, 19 August 2026

heart drawn in coloured pencil

 

And I forged my heart

out of red rusted nails, I toiled over

soldered bolts, greased

in forgotten tales. Blood and oil.

Every part, lovingly restored

internally. To beat. A rhythm

of eternity. A boat. Ready to set sail.

 

I collected scraps, shards of hope,

cut by swords of distrust

into shreds of truth. And I bled for her.

I bled words that could only form

because I’d fallen in love with her.

 

I performed my part in the show,

I showed my heart was not just a token,

but a beacon of hope to lead us on to

greater tomorrows. A performance.

 

And I laid down my path, in faded stars,

leftover sorrows, and burrowed hearts.

 

But then my soul was crushed

beyond repair, I’d lost all hope,

and I no longer cared.

I wasn’t me. Not the me

I see when I turn the camera

back to see, if it was really me

or a mimic wearing my skin like a trophy.

 

I was someone I couldn’t be.

A mask pretending to be happy.

 

Internally nothing but atrophy...

 

But then I met you.

and I saw something magical.

something like a fantasy.

The fantastical, the wonderful,

the dazzling, the universe singing

something that was more than earthly,

more than human,

something that turned me

into someone I wanted

to lean on. To believe in.

A light to beam on.

 

You collected flowers of hope

coloured by pens of love

into poems of truth.

And I wept for you. Happy tears.

Joyful, love-filled oceans.

I slept on word-shaped pillows that could

only form because I’d fallen in love with you.

 

And I performed my part in the show,

I showed my heart was not just a token,

but a beacon of hope to lead us on to

greater tomorrows and I shone brighter

than the sun, then turned the spotlight on to you

to dazzle the room more, because this wasn’t

a performance but life being lived in front of everyone.

 

And you laid down a path, in glitter stars.

of lovestruck tomorrows, and conjoined souls.

 

And I drew my heart in coloured pencils...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *