Sunday, 20 September 2026

Catharsis

 

I scream

to the heavens,

to the clouds, to the moon.

I whisper to the stars,

all the vast galaxies between,

to the whole universe

in front of me:

 

“Take my pain.”

 

I fall to my knees

in the falling rain,

racing

with the tears

streaming down

my cheeks.

Screaming,

 

“Am I beyond saving?”

 

Where is the grace?

Where are the miracles?

Where is the loving kiss placed

upon this human face?

 

“I thought you were merciful?”

 

Water on ink,

a lie printed paper-thin.

Puddles of grey fall at my feet.

“Take me,” I cross myself,

as everyone ever crossed me,

and then I throw

that cross to the floor,

so I have no cross to bear.

  

Is this my destiny,

to live in a flash?

A lightning strike,

here, then a blast,

and

nothing.

 

If that is what you wish,

this world is cruel and unkind,

and I don't belong.

 

So I'll make it belong to me.

 

I'll write my own destiny.

 

And inside, I feel good.

 

For I've spilled my soul

into my words...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *