Sunday, 20 September 2026

The end of the beginning

 

You know that dream...

 

The one where you stand

in front of a crowd,

naked as the day

you were born,

and you look down,

and back up again.

A crimson-shaded

ghost on a stage, burning red.

 

And the crowd have their hackles up,

Laughing maniacally, and they hold

shackles up, trying to tie you down.

 

Well, that was my life...

 

The crime? Being out

of sync with the structure

of society, walking in lines written

by bigger men than me,

or so I thought originally.

 

So, I complied...

 

I fell in line with the lie.

That to be, I had to not be.

I tried to be who I was “supposed” to be,

not to be a stain on humanity.

 

I gave my heart willingly,

and I never demanded anything.

Certainly not attention...

 

But then I found poetry.

 

And the mask

slipped from my face,

crashed to the ground

and smashed into a thousand fragments,

and now I stand on stage,

baring my soul for all to see.

 

Every emotion dropping to the floor,

the years of masks, the armour,

the shackles, and chains and more...

 

Naked.

 

Proud.

 

And no one laughs.

As I raise my voice loud,

as I lift my head into the clouds

and bask in the wonder.

 

Because I realised

that the layers I'd built

hid away this true me.

 

The one who loves to create, to play,

to share, to hold close those for whom I care.

 

And now I don't

turn beetroot red - I shine instead.

 

And I'm still different.

 

But I embrace that.

 

Every quirk,

every stumbled soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *