Thursday 15 February 2024

Aphrodite on a flower throne

 


I feel you

sat alone.

Aphrodite on

a flower throne,

hidden from

the world

in that

glittering

universe

of your own, 

I wonder do you feel me?

When deep into your heart

my mind does roam.

 

True beauty sits inside,

a river spanning your countryside.

I see it when I look into your eyes,

the vast waterways that flow from high.

Wide open stretches of fluid emotion

in which we could splash and play.

Before watching a sunset,

clear a pathway to the Milky Way.

You be cleopatra

mark the ending of day,

the beginning of night,

and tonight, our dreams will lay.

 

I see you walking alone,

Juliet wading through the streets

buildings overgrown,

like trees of steel 

a forest to conceal

the tears 

you’re too scared to let flow.

Romeo a no show

but be not scared,

for if your naked heart sits bare,

cold against the chill air,

It is always under my care, 

and I'll add some warmth 

to stop ice from forming there.

 

For I too am there with you,

just invisible to view.

The beast to your beauty,

so don't feel 

the stone-cold hurt

of lonely hearts.

We sit only feet apart.

A light shining

through the creeping dark.

like flames.

Yours keeping mine ablaze,

so, I can relight yours

on those cold days.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *