Saturday 17 February 2024

Longingly tongue tied

 


I want you

to melt over me,

becoming one.

A sea or ocean

pouring like

a river or stream,

a liquid fantasy,

a soul touching dream.

I want to hold you

as through

my fingers you run,

soaking my heart

as you spill

into my pores.

Filling me

with the beautiful soul

of yours.

 

But the still

lying lion roars inside,

as my fearful heart sits

and hides,

residing in my mind.

Telling me

that I can't ever

be at anybody’s side,

that laying next you,

Is a wish

that can never be ratified.

A door with a sign saying denied.

It lays on lies, saying that all you see

when you look over my way

is a worthless waste of time,

Loyalty card declined.

Whilst I sit starry eyed,

in an internal rockslide

mystified, longingly tongue tied.

the words dyed through my insides.

Leaving lives worn thin,

all I want is to be touching your skin,

and the mind it holds within.

 

I want you to melt

over me,

when my aches

become too much to take

and the pain

stings too much for silence.

Will you be the fluid balm

that calms the fire?

Making me feel able

to whisper and not scream.

Will you forever be the answer

to my most joyous dreams?

and what is that question?

is it written someplace

in the universal seams?

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *