Tuesday 20 February 2024

It's Aliiivee

 


Searching, sifting

through the debris,

the wreckage of the disaster

that had created me.

The disaster

I had walked away from, free

just bleeding with aching limbs.

I've been looking,

trying to find meaning,

but only finding battered

reminders of a feeling.

 

When I should have been

seeking peace within.

I've been finding pieces,

old broken limbs instead.

Worn out organs

and remnants of the dead.

I've been searching, dredging

through the dirt

collecting them old limbs

to create something from the hurt.

 

I've been searching, but maybe

I should have stopped.

The appendages started to pile up,

the memories too many to store, 

started to rot.

So, I started to stich them together.

Giving them form.

I've been searching, scratching through

the dark recesses of my brain

for other parts I could use,

I found a battered used up old heart

hidden down by the side of the sofa,

£3.25 in change and some fluff

which I've rearranged into a beard.

But it still wasn't enough.

So, then things went a little weird.

 

From the cemetery,

I dug up some old bones

during the dead of night.

I may have taken a few lives.

Stolen a few hearts 

to provede blood flow.

to complete the project

I'd started so many years ago.

The phantoms wailing

a disapproving chorus, which I bottled up

To give some voice.

before I put my feet up for a brew

and turned out the light.

 

Then one brooding 

stormy winter night

I was working late, 

and a loud crash, 

a flash. A blast. 

Fate.

Electricity zipped and zapped

and the spell was cast. The beast was alive,

and into the world he wandered at last.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *