Wednesday 14 February 2024

Valentine's dismay

 


Valentine's dismay,

another wearisome day.

Worryingly preyed upon

by businessman

more worried

about their pay.

And I just love.

It’s simple. I love.

No matter.

Love is far more

than a valentine's card

quickly scrawled,

or some sweet chocolate treats

and a paper rose,

it’s a feeling deep

in your heart,

and my love grows, it calls

for all of those

that sit alone.

 

Love doesn't need

announcing,

it isn't something

we need to buy.

We just feel,

and connect,

like rain drops collecting

then falling from the sky.

Materialistic bliss.

nothing but a magpie

wanting shiny gifts.

I would always prefer

a simple kiss

than anything

money can supply.

 

I will give hearts and flowers,

I'll sing in verses and rhyme,

I'll share my whole being,

all of my time. Not to provide

card shops with money tree crops,

not interested in market shares,

not here to invest in

fake rose petal wares.

I have a heart overflowing,

but I'm not here for sowing.

I'm here for harvest, to share

the love I've been growing.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *