Tuesday 13 February 2024

Juggled emotions

 


Juggling emotional

hand grenades,

I feel them

for an instant within

my quivering grip,

then

with a flick of the wrist,

I shake them loose.

Bringing the next one

home to roost.

If I stop for a second,

or lose concentration.

Boom.

There seems no way

to diffuse the situation.

 

I feel them

for that hot moment,

cold to the touch.

A slight buzz in my ears,

my fears echoing

as my mind

is twisting its gears.

Time slows down,

for a split second.

I am zoned out.

Only me and the

emotional explosion

encased in metallic shell.

Just a thin membrane

between life and hell.

 

And then it's launched again.

Is this one love, anguish or pain?

I feel it heavy in my grip. Can't slip.

If I do, that will be the end of it.

Can stop, there are

too many twisting

through the air.

So, I feel it pulsing against my wrist

aching arms, muscles torn, ripped to bits.

Even a light weight repeatedly thrown,

wears away at your aching bones,

when time is on a constant loop

and you haven't stopped

in a century or two.

 

Another one joins the mix,

thrown from the crowd,

that want me to miss.

They won't admit,

but they only watch

in the hope of

some gory bits.

But I keep my wits,

Juggling love, hate, anger, pain,

hurt, betrayal, fear, dismay,

What if I fail and these grenades

all land at my feet?

Or I could place them down gently,

placing the pin back in

If I take each moment calmly and breathe again.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *