Tuesday 6 February 2024

The elongated night and I

 


There is a great mystery.

An elephant in the room.

Who is the woman

that visits me where I lay?

The elemental dream being

that softly sways

through my deep 

slumbering sleep.

Through lovesick mind,

whilst sheep play.

The one who keeps

everything safe and sound.

When the anti-muse

would make my tears weep.

 

Her face changes sometimes,

morphing when those

shuttered blinds unfurl

and the world twirls,

but the same soul

sits behind those eyes.

The woman that makes

my dreams swirl.

Not the anti-muse 

making skin crawl.

 

I'm in my element

when I talk

of the predicament.

To name her

would make

them vanish

into flame.

So, I sit with them, pursing

my lips to stop myself

from ever letting

the pulsing words slip.

For if I did, I'd curse myself,

to empty dreams.

Just the anti-muse,

to keep me amused

 

The elongated

night and I

would sigh in union,

elevating

the orchestrations.

Eliminating

the empty space

as it fills with the

echoed choruses.

Questioning why.

So, I sit, name tightly

held within locked bolted lips.

Unrequited,

is a requirement.

It's the only way

to keep her sane,

and an insane night

is one I don't

ever want

to entertain.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *