Tuesday 27 February 2024

Creeping shadows

 


The shadows creep

a little closer.

Faces leer

It's like staring

through dense fog

when they appear.

Those flooded

fearful thoughts.

 

No escape. Nor exit doorway,

seeking hidden passages

to release the emergency getaway.

Can't think at all

when they appear.

Those frightful

shocking sounds.

They try to drown my thoughts.

My mind full

of stagnant pools.

Buzzing - Infested

with insects

nested in the gloom.

 

Every footstep

a second echoes back,

Intimidation scratched into

each pair of eyes looking,

ready to attack.

My thoughts

shrink-wrapped brittle packages,

shattered in the delivery.

Scared, as the sounds

start to circle. Menacingly.

 

Heavy boots

running through

my dizzy head.

Someone is gunning

to leave me dead.

Metal clanging against

the chain-link fence

that keeps thoughts divided.

A blinding flash, strobe light,

the echoes screech.

Then silence.

 

I'm floating now, a few feet behind.

Keeping guard against the shadows.

The shadows are not as strong

when you have light to be shone.

Disassociated from my body

Disassemble my atoms.

I run through the alleyways

left behind.

Dust on a swift wind.

I'm the rhyme in the air

and I smile with no fear.


 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *