Sunday 25 February 2024

Fast

 


My eyelids slid

like a flag flying half-mast.

I needed to fast

from the passing of time.

It was eating away at me,

I cast myself over

the hands of the clock

to stop them achingly creaking.

but they kept beating against me.

Trying to force themselves past.

Trying to break-fast and devour

every second I still had fleeting

in this heart that was slowly beating.

 

I needed to fast

from the world.

The constant sounds

that amassed at the doors.

Through the air

the hoards pounding sores.

The boarding sound soars,

escaping my cluttered thoughts.

I just want to go north.

To where the air is clear.

 

My eyelids sag,

I need to fast

from these dragging days.

Sleep fast in my bed,

I'm starting to lag.

My flag is down

and I've lost the will to raise.

I could fast from devouring time,

let it sit still for a few hours,

digesting

the signs,

but it's so hard to stop,

when the hands never cease turning

on that old worn-out clock,

and those chimes always seem

to increase.

Every hour, another bell

means another

demon is released.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *