Thursday 1 February 2024

The tomorrow songs

 


In the tomorrow songs,

will they be singing of us?

Or will the words talk of someone

Who let fear grip his tongue?

I fear too much.

I feel so much that any break

feels like a cascading wave,

crushing my heart into dust.

 

In those songs sung

under flaming ruby skies,

will they be singing of the one

that never shared his voice?

and the other who kept

her mouth closed tight?

And under endless nights

will the chorus

just be a chant of why?

 

In future songs,

will they sing of how

they spent their nights

whispering to the moon?

Asking it to ignite fires,

when inside they

already burned so bright.

Will the songs talk

of love walking

down differing streets?

In stumbled footsteps,

always just out of reach.

Or will the songs sing

of love that found them,

wrapped together

after years of searching?

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *