Wednesday 7 February 2024

Fading names

 


Names fade

as I'm thinking of them.

They start to form,

then streak

into vapour.

sitting on the edge

of my mind,

like words scrawled

upon lines of paper,

In handwriting you can

no longer understand,

written by

some phantom doctors hand.

 

Then they run and leap.

Those names free,

floating

away, distant.

Laughing as my face goes red.

I've said your name a million times,

How can now be the moment

it just vanishes from my head?

I'm left staring at an empty space.

Lost look stuck firmly on my face.

 

I crawl quickly

scurrying through my memory store.

Knocking boxes of old photographs

all over the floor,

scattering memories into the air,

dust particles of reminisce

that linger in the

shimmery sunlight

then fall away again,

fading like a ghost in the night.

The mind clutter

now scattered and shuffled,

like a pub after a brief happy hour scuffle.

But still no names appear,

now all the faces are mixed up

and I'm reminiscing

about some long-lost love.

 

I awaken. At 3am.

Still feeling ashamed.

Shaken by my inability

to remember a name.

When the thick dark air takes

on a different shade,

a neon light of insight flicked on

cutting through the darkness,

burning onto my retinas,

a name blinking in multicolour.

Of course. I think

as I slowly fall back to sleep.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *