Tuesday 27 February 2024

Letting my mind play

 


I sometimes

sit.

Letting my

mind play.

I'll look in

on it,

but I'll take

a back seat.

The mind

like a child,

yearns to learn and grow.

Flourishing like a flower

in a meadow of dusty grey,

bringing back the colour,

to the landscape below.

I'll sit.

Writing the things it

says,

innocent nonsense

makes no sense

or so it seems.

 

I'll often sit,

whilst

my mind wanders

aimlessly.

Climbing trees,

feeling unafraid

in the spring breeze.

He explores,

as I sit behind closed doors.

But every now and then

I'll peek in

and listen to the words

that pour free.

Writing them down,

with this pen

I always carry with me.

 

I'll only catch

bits and pieces.

Lines littered

here and there,

fragments of memories.

Floating

to grab from the air.

I'll place them carefully

on the pristine page,

scratching my scrawled handwriting.

Then I'll look down

and realise the words

were giving me

a map away from the cold,

into the warming hug of your soul.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *