Wednesday 14 August 2024

Abducted dreams

 


Mysterious light,

humming, buzzing.

Taking my

thoughts away.

Abducted dreams

fuzzily fizzing

into the waiting

saucer shape,

which dances

mysteriously

over me.

 

Fear sinks

it's cat-like claws

into my already strained

brain pores,

I'm high above,

stabbed and prodded,

poked and probed,

electrodes attached

to my frontal lobes.

But I'm in no pain.

I see shapes,

humanoid,

but devoid

of the stain of hate.

 

They put me at ease,

whisper sing song melodies,

then we speed through

the cosmic dream,

in and out of sleep.

Another word

starts to seed, takes root

then buds and flowers,

seeping over my eyes.

Love,

translated across

galactic tides.

 

Another world looms

into view, green blue,

like the one I’m used to,

but something is different,

it’s a much clearer view.

A paradise, like one our

long distant ancestors

once knew.

The mysterious light,

twin suns, and majestic moonlight.

Air as clean as a crystal brook

Water as transparent as a simple book

and I realise that this is their home.

I feel it's so close to one we belong.

They send a telepathic smile

and return me home.

 

I awaken.

pollution clings to

my lungs,

coughing, until they hurt.

I can't taste the freshness,

just a smattering of grit.

Sunlight dull, barely lit,

rain choked with dirt,

and it dawns on me,

through the polluted air we breathe.

Our world was never meant to be like this.

 

 

 



Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff


You can find my New book
"Tales from the 44A"
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/

Please buy a copy to help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *